The TQm1402 is a two-radio wireless LAN access point that supports IEEE802.11ac Wave 2, and is ideal for small-medium business networks, providing a very low-cost price and easily deployed wireless solution.
The TQm1402 has a single 2.4GHz radio and a single 5GHz IEEE 802.11ac radios, and supports Multi-User Multiple Input and Multiple Output (MU-MIMO), allowing multiple clients to send and receive data at the same time, substantially increasing throughput. Combined with a comprehensive feature-set, the APs provide superior wireless connectivity.
Smaller businesses can operate the TQm1402 in standalone mode, using its intuitive web-based user interface. For larger installations it can be managed by Allied Telesis Autonomous Wave Control (AWC). With AWC, the wireless network is regularly analyzed, and APs are dynamically updated to reduce interference, minimize coverage gaps, and optimize performance-all with no user intervention. Allied Telesis network management platform, Vista Manager EX, has an AWC wireless management plugin that supports up to 100 APs.
Flexible deployment options enable easy installation, with the TQm1402 able to be used on the desktop or mounted on a wall or ceiling. Power may be supplied by Power over Ethernet, for the simplicity of having the Ethernet network connect and power the APs, or by an optional AC power adapter.
- IEEE 802.11ac Wave 2 wireless connectivity delivers Gigabit performance and throughput. In crowded wireless environments, efficient bandwidth distribution is important; IEEE 802.11ac Wave 2 achieves efficiency and robustness, using Multi-user MIMO technology.
- Unlike traditional Single-user MIMO networks where devices are served sequentially, Multi-user MIMO simultaneously communicates to multiple clients at once, reducing contention and improving capacity and throughput by up to three times.
- Multi-user MIMO uses beamforming, where the AP focuses wireless signal towards connected devices, rather than simply radiating the signal evenly. This improves range and speed for each user, and reduces interference for the best possible connection.
Dual-radio, with Band Steering
Virtual APs with Multiple SSIDs
- The TQm1402 contains two IEEE 802.11 2ss radios to enable concurrent Wi-Fi communications: one at 2.4GHz band, and one at 5GHz band. This alleviates network congestion and isolates any legacy client devices affecting performance.
- Band steering prompts newly connecting devices to use a band with little current congestion to distribute wireless traffic, provide maximum throughput, and the best user experience.
IEEE 802.11e Wireless Multimedia (WMM)
- The TQm1402 supports Virtual AP (VAP) functionality, with the assignment of different SSIDs and security policies for each VAP on the physical device.
- VAPs can be mapped to VLANs for logical network separation and improved throughput. Enable communication by application, function or users.
IEEE 802.11i (security)
- Quality of Service (QoS) on the wireless network optimizes the performance of voice, video, and data applications, as each has different latency, bandwidth and performance requirements. QoS traffic prioritization ensues the timely delivery of these services.
- This feature set facilitates strong encryption, authentication and key management strategies, guaranteeing data and system security. In addition to Counter Mode with Cipher Block Chaining Message Authentication Code Protocol (CCMP), IEEE 802.1X key distribution via RADIUS controls access to the network.
| || |
|Manufacturer||Allied Telesis, Inc|
|Manufacturer Part Number||AT-TQM1402-01|
|Manufacturer Website Address||http://www.alliedtelesis.com|
|Brand Name||Allied Telesis|
|Product Name||2-Radio 802.11ac Wave 2 Wireless Access Point|
|Product Type||Wireless Access Point|
| || |
|Wireless LAN Standard||IEEE 802.11ac|
|Frequency Band||2.40 GHz|
|Frequency Band||5 GHz|
|Wireless Transmission Speed||1.17 Gbit/s|
|Ethernet Technology||Gigabit Ethernet|
|Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports||1|
|PoE PD Port||Yes|
|Power Consumption||12 W|
|Form Factor||Wall Mountable|
|Form Factor||Ceiling Mountable|
|Weight (Approximate)||15.17 oz|
|Country of Origin||China|